01504778 Infrastructure / Network Engineer (Hybrid)
Relocation assistance available provided final candidate meets eligibility requirements.
We are pursuing top candidates to join the Raytheon team and support our vision to be “One global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place”. Our software engineers are developing and maintaining the critical capabilities, which arm and defend our warfighters. Working in the Raytheon Intelligence and Space business unit of Raytheon, you can contribute to cutting edge technologies across surface, air, cyber and space domains, supporting precision engagement, missile defense, homeland security, integrated communications, and intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance. Candidates have the opportunity to work together and be mentored by the best and the brightest engineers and scientists who are providing radar and sensor solutions, which deliver superior detecting, ranging, and tracking for military forces worldwide. In addition to maintaining an excellent portfolio of core capabilities, we continue to expand globally and innovate in our growth markets. Opportunities exist to participate on innovative teams, which are providing the most advanced research and development capabilities to solve the most complex problems.
Typical job functions for the Infrastructure Engineer I include participation on collaborative, cross-disciplined integrated product teams, often employing agile software development techniques and tools to plan, design, develop, test, and integrate complex software and systems solutions. Responsibilities span the full lifecycle of product development, from architecture and design, through integration, flight test, and field support.
The candidate will work with experienced developers in our Annapolis Junction office for the protection of our country.
- Experience with Linux
- Experience with python or other scripting languages
- Experience with networking concepts such as OSI model
- Experience with networking protocols
- Experience with System Administration
- Experience with Configuration Management tools, such as Puppet, Chef, or Salt
- Experience verifying and validating the software and system work as intended
- Ability to work non-traditional hours, and weekends as needed
- Ability to obtain a Top Secret / SCI clearance
- ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA (Please upload an unofficial transcript when applying)
- Experience with C/C++ or other object oriented programming languages
- Experience with or basic understanding of telecommunications systems concepts and/or signal processing
- Experience with distributed or networked systems
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, or other containerized systems.
- Existing security clearance w/Poly (Active within the last 24 months)
- Must have a BS / BA with a major in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or Physics, or other related field by summer 2022
- This position requires 12 months or less of relevant professional work experience (excluding internships)