Senior QA Lead
at United States Golf Association
Liberty Corner, NJ 07938
The USGA is a leader in the global golf industry, whose purpose is to unify the game through programs like the World Handicap System, to showcase the best talent in the game through championships, to govern the game to promote fairness for all who play, and to advance the game and golf courses through innovation and science and programs that grow participation.
Are you looking to join a dynamic team that works together to promote and conserve the true spirit of the game of golf?
What you can expect:
- Prepares detailed test plans and test cases based on documented requirements and reviews with stakeholders.
- Compiles a comprehensive test library including candidates for:
- Feature-specific Tests
- Keep current
- Automated test scripts
- Comprehensive Regression
- Smoke Test
- Estimates work effort for testing based on requirements and test scripts
- Executes test scripts per project schedules and provide progress update to Project Management.
- Documents defects in a clear and concise manner
- Communicates the impact of bugs to Product Owners to assist with prioritization.
- Analyzes results of failed test cases, compares with logs and other data to suggest root cause to the Development team.
- Builds automated test cases
- Leads and participates in stand up and defect triage meetings
- Reviews work intake and assigns responsibility to team members
- Builds and maintains a strategy for QA automation, including tools and policy
- Drives formal QA processes, ensuring the work streams are using current best practices to maintain the highest level of software quality
- Participates in reviews of business requirements and application design sessions
- Assists with reviewing and remediating issues identified by cyber security penetration tests and vulnerability scans
- Assists Championship support digital team to reviewing defects impacting live events
- Keep current on latest industry developments around Quality, including skills, tools and methodologies.
- Contributes documents to knowledgebase
What you bring to the USGA:
- Professional experience in quality assurance (8+ years)
- Deep, hands-on proven experience in delivering and supporting thorough QA testing processes.
- Clear competency in cross-browser compatibility testing
- Experience with leading teams doing testing automation using tools for testing and monitoring the functionality, performance and impact of scripts across different browsers, operating systems and devices.
- Current experience with QA of applications built on Cloud Computing (MS Azure Cloud, AWS)
- Experience working with cyber security analysts to remediate system vulnerabilities
- Testing across multiple platforms including web, mobile (IOS & Android) and tablet.
- Attention to detail – ability to uncover issues and think through undocumented (Ad Hoc) use cases that can break the system
- Must have experience working on individual and group projects
- Working knowledge of test automation tools & frameworks such as Selenium, Python, Robot Framework
- Working knowledge of Security and Performance testing
- Experience working with outsourced test teams at the Project level
- Excellent customer focus and communication skills with focus on building trust within a multi-function team
- Comfortable with various development models (Waterfall, Agile)
**Please note that you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment with the USGA (proof of vaccination will be required and reasonable accommodations will be considered for medical or religious reasons).
About the USGA
The USGA is a nonprofit organization that celebrates, serves and advances the game of golf. Founded in 1894, we conduct many of golf’s premier professional and amateur championships, including the U.S. Open and U.S. Women’s Open. With The R&A, we govern the sport via a global set of playing, equipment, handicapping and amateur status rules. The USGA campus in Liberty Corner, New Jersey, is home to the Association’s Research and Test Center, where science and innovation are fueling a healthy and sustainable game for the future. The campus is also home to the USGA Golf Museum, where we honor the game by curating the world’s most comprehensive archive of golf artifacts. To learn more, visit usga.org.
The United States Golf Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer