The Maritime Aquarium at Norwalk, Inc. seeks a full time IT Associate. Reporting to the Associate Director of IT, this position provides support organization wide to meet the needs of the business operations in all forms of IT (Information Technology) and AV (Audio Visual).
The mission of The Maritime Aquarium is to inspire people of all ages to appreciate and protect the Long Island Sound ecosystem and the global environment through living exhibits, marine science and environmental education. For more than 34 years, the Aquarium has played a significant role in shaping the landscape of Norwalk and the region. The second largest family attraction in Connecticut, and 50 miles from New York City, the Aquarium historically hosts nearly 400,000 guests annually. Its primary exhibits take guests on a voyage from the shallow salt marshes and estuaries to the depths of the Long Island Sound and the ocean beyond, culminating with habitats for sharks and harbor seals. Altogether, the Aquarium is home to nearly 7,000 animals and over 360 species in 75 exhibits. A new 4D Theater offers a unique sensory film experience for guests. Its education programs introduce approximately 80,000 students, campers and scouts to marine and STEM education. The Aquarium is recognized as a top aquarium in the nation, and is accredited by the Association of Zoos and Aquariums. It is an active participant in the local and regional community. The strength of the Aquarium is its 60 full-time staff, and part-time and seasonal staff, in addition to nearly 300 volunteers, which contribute 28,000 hours annually. While the pandemic challenged the Aquarium in profound ways, the team’s resilience and creativity led to new ways to connect with the community, and renewed optimism for the future.
· Two year - degree in a technology related field or relevant working experience.
· Knowledge of network, phone, hardware, and software systems.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
· Working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Cloud Suite a plus
· Excellent organizational, interpersonal, problem solving and communication skills.
· Able to work some evenings, weekends, and holidays.
· Perform all duties and responsibilities in a timely and effective manner.
· Maintain a favorable working relationship to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate.
· Maintain and provide technical support for all IT and AV systems utilized by The Maritime Aquarium teams including but not limited to: Network, security systems, phone systems, computers, laptops, exhibits (digital display and audio systems), 4D Theater and all supporting equipment for presentations (audio, visual) in various locations throughout the campus.
· Maintain and improve technical systems to ensure all staff have the tools they need to complete their work and the organizations files remain safe and intact.
· Review diagnostics and assess the functionality and efficiency of systems including, tracking data usage on the network.
· Review Maritime Aquarium compliance with insurance and audit requirements and assist in the implementation of cyber security measures.
- Maintains current knowledge of emerging security threats, technical challenges, and developments in system protection and IT security standards.
· Install and update Maritime Aquarium software and hardware as needed.
· Participates in AV team operations and provides technical support for meetings, and special events.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to Rosemarie Lombardi at rlombardi@Maritimeaquarium.org, with IT Associate in the subject line of your email.
The Maritime Aquarium is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.