Web Application Development Manager
Join our Aon Affinity group, which is a leading provider of specialty insurance solutions and programs offered to a variety of professional, small & medium enterprise and consumer markets. Through sponsor partnerships with 300 plus corporate and association clients, we add value to their member, customer, and affiliate relationships!
This is a hybrid role allowing you to work 1-3 days in the office: commuting to our Garden City, NY office and 2 days at home.
Aon is in the business of better decisions
At Aon, we shape decisions for the better to protect and enrich the lives of people around the world.
As an organization, we are united through trust as one inclusive, diverse team, and we are passionate about helping our colleagues and clients succeed.
What the day will look like
· Day to day management of an offshore development team
· Collaborate with IT teams on the integration of web applications with other business applications
· Design, Build, and maintenance of web sites and API integrations
· Ensure technology infrastructure stability and hygiene and own production assurance
· Ensure code has met or exceeded performance, stability, resiliency, and security/cyber needs.
· Work closely with IT teams and business partners to assist in confirming application requirements
· Develop an understanding of the business and products to help architect scalable solutions
· Ability to change direction quickly based on business need
· Ability to influence, collaborate, and develop strong relationships across the organization and with external clients and suppliers
How this opportunity is different
Get in on the ground level to bring in/propose newer technology! Are you excited about designing and making recommendations for improvements and enhancements to be made? Create reactive/responsive websites that consumers can interact with and can dynamically respond to clients.
Skills and experience that will lead to success
· 5 + years professional experience in a software engineer and management role
· Experience building and supporting with RESTful API web services
· Solid understanding of Database technologies such as SQL, PL/SQL and relational database schema design
· Proven ability to communicate and partner with various groups within an organization
· Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple initiatives at once
· Ability to work independently with accuracy and deliver results in a timely manor
· Bachelor's degree in a related field (i.e., Business, Computer Science or Information Systems) from an accredited college/university or equivalent work experience.
How we support our colleagues
In addition to our comprehensive benefits package, we encourage a diverse workforce. Plus, our agile, inclusive environment allows you to manage your wellbeing and work/life balance, ensuring you can be your best self at Aon. Furthermore, all colleagues enjoy two “Global Wellbeing Days” each year, encouraging you to take time to focus on yourself. We offer a variety of working style solutions, but we also recognize that flexibility goes beyond just the place of work... and we are all for it. We call this Smart Working!
Our continuous learning culture inspires and equips you to learn, share and grow, helping you achieve your fullest potential. As a result, at Aon, you are more connected, more relevant, and more valued.
Aon values an innovative, diverse workplace where all colleagues feel empowered to be their authentic selves. Aon is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, domestic partner status, or other legally protected status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer. People with criminal histories are encouraged to apply.
We provide individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable law. Please contact us to request an accommodation on ReasonableAdjustments@Aon.com
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.