Entry Level Technical Advisor
Great opportunity to break into the security field with Check Point Software Technologies, Inc., the leading provider of cyber security solutions to corporate enterprises and governments globally. We secure more than 100,000 businesses and millions of users worldwide. As an industry leader, Check Point has received recognition from around the globe.
This is a high-level global support center position, for Internet security products.
Intensive 8-week training course involving classroom and hands-on experience. The position will provide customer and technical support for assigned security products through inbound phone, email, and web requests. Independently identifies, troubleshoots, documents, and replicates customer problems and then escalates complex problems in accordance with internal processes. Tracks resolution through the problem-solving cycle. Keeps affected parties and upper management informed of progress and resolution.
- BS/MS Computer Science or 25 credit hours of network (TCP/IP) and Information Security related courses preferred.
- 2 years of ISP Support or related networking positions will be considered and or in lieu of coursework.
- Strong knowledge of networking concepts - VLAN, WAN, LAN, Routers, Switches, Access Points, Firewalls, IPS, VPN and other layer 2/3/4 networking protocols/concepts.
- Knowledge of UNIX operating system, Linux or Windows Administration.
- Exceptional Time Management and organizational skills.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve problems in a technical team-oriented environment.
- Ability to demonstrate customer empathy, good customer diplomacy skills, and ownership.
- A positive and constructive minded team player
- Must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship from an employer now or in the future.
The Following would be considered an asset
- Holds certifications such as Security+
- Holds certifications in routing (Network +)
- Knowledge of IPS/IDS technologies
- Security threat and attack countermeasures
- Scripting skills with Bash, Python, C programing
- Knowledge of Cloud public and private infrastructure, IaaS, SaaS such as Microsoft Azure, Amazon AWS, Google Cloud GCP and VMware NSX
- Ability to conduct forensic analytical studies and investigations.
There is a strong focus on candidates who can speak Spanish or Portuguese.