Software Development Engineer (7152)
Fortinet is looking for a Software Development Engineer to assist FortiXDR Team in Sunnyvale, California. Our FortiXDR product is a cloud-based application that analyzes security and audit related information feeds from our Fortinet products to identify potential security incidents. This position offers an opportunity to work on cutting-edge, cloud-based cyber security products with an industry leader.
- Store, retrieve, and manipulate data for analysis of system capabilities and requirements.
- Maintain existing system, fix bugs, improve its performance, and new feature development.
- Build robust, lasting, and scalable applications.
- Design interfaces and data structures across different module.
- Analyze and process customer issues.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or a similar field.
- 3+ years’ experience in server side development for cloud applications.
- Extensive experience of the Python programming language
- Experience with the Django application framework
- Experience with relational databases such as MySQL/Postgres.
- Experience with cloud infrastructure: AWS and/or Openstack.
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Knowledge of the Linux operating system.
- Knowledge of networking and network security preferred.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $100000-$145000. Fortinet offers employees a variety of benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401(k), 11 paid holidays, vacation time, and sick time as well as a comprehensive leave program.
Wage ranges are based on various factors including the labor market, job type, and job level. Exact salary offers will be determined by factors such as the candidate's subject knowledge, skill level, qualifications, experience, and geographic location.
All roles are eligible to participate in the Fortinet equity program, Bonus eligibility is reviewed at time of hire and annually at the Company’s discretion.
Please note, we are currently operating in a hybrid working environment which calls for a blend of on-site and remote work.
If you have any further questions about this role, please contact Corey Newson directly at email@example.com.