Principal Systems Engineer/Enterprise Architect
Job ID 14738
The Space Dynamics Laboratory (SDL) C4ISR Systems Division is growing its data and information systems team. SDL is looking for an experienced systems engineer, enterprise architect, and technical advisor to assist our customer with digital transformation and cloud-based operations. This candidate must be able to build trust-based interpersonal relationships quickly, develop and manage stakeholder relationships, and build a realizable solutions-based technical strategy – all focused on driving efficient development activities for this customer. This position is embedded with the customer in Ogden, UT.
SDL works with the Department of Defense and industry to create novel solutions that impact national defense in space, air, land, and sea. We are very team oriented and collaborative. If you enjoy challenging problems, collaborating, and delivering effective solutions, we want you on our team.
At SDL, we take pride in and highly value our employees. SDL offers competitive salaries and fantastic benefits, including:
- Flexible work schedules that fit your style—every Friday off, every other Friday off, possible work from home days, or simply traditional hours
- Generous paid leisure and sick leave, ensuring you never miss a special event
- A 14.2% employer retirement contribution into a 401(a) account—no matching required!
- Utah State University undergraduate tuition discounts of 50%, full reimbursement for graduate tuition, and free course audits for employees and dependents meeting eligibility requirements
- High-quality, low-cost health, dental, and life insurance
- A great, highly educated team that works together to solve some of the most fascinating problems on (and off) our planet
- We are a growing company that maintains both a family feel and high retention rate with over 90% job satisfaction
- Relocation assistance available for most positions
- College graduate with a degree in engineering, cybersecurity. information systems, management, or combination of degree and experience.
- Must be a US citizen and be able to obtain a US government security clearance
- At least 15 years of combined experience in three or more of the following technologies or technical areas:
Large company IT operations, large-scale, complex system development and deployment projects (e.g. ERP systems, PLM systems), Big Data concepts and solutions, Cloud Computing, Security and compliance, Strategy development and alignment of strategy to operations, Technical consulting/advisory services, Designing, implementing, and operating high-availability systems, Cybersecurity operations, IT policy and governance
- Ability to present new ideas to senior management and garner support
- UML/SysML knowledge
- Expert in Big Data infrastructure solutions
- Expert in global corporate IT operations
- Expert in hybrid/multi-cloud design, implementation, security, and operations
- Understanding of IoT systems
- Advanced degree in data engineering, information systems, computer science or similar
- Advanced AWS certification(s)
- DoD program office experience
- Active DoD Top Secret clearance
- Serve as key technical advisor to the customer for IT development activities
- Serve as the SDL lead information systems engineer defining, developing, and guiding tasks along-side the SDL Sentinel PM and SDL Sentinel Chief Engineer
- Develop cloud strategy – concepts, requirements, development, integration, test, operations, security, and retirement of services
- Work with engineering and other business units to develop service requirements, then create a highly available, usable digital engineering infrastructure delivering those services
- Coordinate SDL information systems and cyber tasks with other SDL technical leads
- Coordinate program development activities across the government enterprise e.g. operations, cyber security policy, cyber tools, active cyber defense, cloud applications, etc
- Using Cameo, build and maintain an IT Enterprise Architecture model that enables digital practices for the IT enterprise and integrates with the rest of the customer’s enterprise operations (not just IT)
For questions or assistance with the application process or the DoD SkillBridge program, please contact email@example.com.
EOE including Disability and Vet