Embedded Network Software Engineer
Job ID 17089
Join an exciting team at Space Dynamics Laboratory (SDL) in developing next-generation cyber networking technologies! We are seeking applicants for mid-level software-development positions to create our next-generation high-speed networking equipment. Our software works alongside state-of-the-art FPGAs to control high-speed optical network interfaces, drive our customized hardware, and implement cyber algorithms. We’re looking for people with a strong background in the software development lifecycle, network programming and a strong interest in cyber networking technologies. You will work in an agile, continuous-integration environment helping develop and improve system reliability for some of the nation's most important cyber work.
The candidate should have a background in software development including the use of bug reporting/tracking and software testing processes. Candidates must possess skills in object-oriented or procedural programming; embedded and/or back-end software development; unit testing; and software verification and validation.
- BS in related field (CS, CE, EE)
- Minimum of 5 years of software development experience (compensation and title commensurate with years of experience)
- Strong command of an object-oriented or procedural programming language(s)
- C/C++, Python, C# or Java
- Understanding of the following computer science concepts
- Algorithms, threading, messaging systems and debugging
- Experience with software version control and bug tracking tools
- Ability to obtain a security clearance (US citizenship is required)
- 10+ years of experience
- Networking background including TCP/IP, UDP, NAT, and various long-haul networking technologies, (OSI layers 1-4)
- Network programming
- Knowledge in SQL programming
- Hardware interface experience
- Current TS or SSBI Clearance
SDL offers competitive salaries and fantastic benefits, including:
- Flexible work schedules that fit your style—every Friday off, every other Friday off, possible work from home days, or simply traditional hours
- Generous paid leisure and sick leave, ensuring you never miss a special event
- A 14.2% employer retirement contribution into a 401(a) account—no matching required!
- Favorable company locations with average commute times of less than 15 minutes
- Utah State University undergraduate tuition discounts of 50%, full reimbursement for graduate tuition, and free course audits for employees and dependents meeting eligibility requirements
- High-quality, low-cost health, dental, and life insurance
- A great, highly educated team that works together to solve some of the most fascinating problems on (and off) our planet
- We are a growing company that maintains both a family feel and high retention rate with high job satisfaction
- Relocation assistance available for most positions
SDL supports a variety of missions, including NASA’s vision to reveal the unknown for the benefit of humankind and the Department of Defense’s aim to protect our Nation on the ground, in the air, and in space. Our sensors, satellites, software systems, and science and engineering play an essential role in some important missions you’ve heard of, and others that you haven’t. Join our team in our seventh decade of delivering mission success.
For questions or assistance with the application process or the DoD SkillBridge program, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
EOE including Disability and Vet